Foundation Center Summer Social: The Stories We Tell
Tuesday, June 27, 2017 12:00 pm
3:30 pm ET
In-person | Cleveland, OH
This event is no longer available.
Come to our second annual summer event at the Foundation Center!
Come visit the Foundation Center on June 27 and celebrate the long-awaited arrival of summer with a smorgasbord of training, socializing, food and activities! See our newly-refreshed space, join in our book sale, meet experts from throughout the nonprofit world, and help kick off our 40th Anniversary Year!
This year's theme: The Stories We Tell
Agenda for the Day
- 12:00pm - Welcome: Teleange' Thomas, Director, Foundation Center Midwest
12:10pm - Panel Discussion: Storytelling
How do the stories we tell impact fundraising, organizational advocacy, and grantmaking today?
Panelists will include:
1:30pm - Mini Workshops: New Foundation Center Resources
Get a personal introduction to three exciting new resources now available at FC Midwest.
- Visualizing Funding for Libraries - Brian Schultz, Community Outreach Manager, Foundation Center Midwest
- The Nonprofit Startup Assessment Tool - Dave Holmes, Cleveland Lead, Foundation Center Midwest
- The NEW Foundation Directory Online and Foundation Center Research Tools - Sara Krane and Natalie Jemiola-Wilson, Social Sector Librarians, Foundation Center Midwest
2:15 - Speed Business Meetings
Sign up for a 10-minute free consultation from an expert in fundraising, nonprofit law, board development, and research.
NOTE: Registrants will be contacted and asked to sign up for a session between 2:15 and 3:00.
Experts will include:
- Board Development - Elizabeth Voudouris, Executive Vice President, BVU: The Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- Grant Writing – Laura Fegan, Manager, Grants and Foundation Relations, Sisters of Charity Health System and President, Grants Professionals Association, Greater Cleveland Chapter
- Donor Relations – Julie Rittenhouse, Director for Corporate and Foundation Relations, Cleveland State University
- Legal Issues for Nonprofits - Steve Day, Attorney, Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP, and member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Fundraising – Betsey Kamm, Interim Executive Director at The Nord Center and President, Association of Fundraising Professionals of Greater Cleveland
- Grants Research - Matt Carter, Executive Consultant, Grants Plus
Space is limited - register today!! Use this EventBrite page to register for each program - or for all of them!
For more information, call 216-861-1933 x325 or email email@example.com.