Special Program: Crowdfunding 101
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 11:00 am
In-person | New York, NY
Presented in collaboration with the Association of Nonprofit Specialists
Check-in: 10:30 am
Crowdfunding has quickly become a new tool in the fundraising toolbox to tap into your network to raise more money, faster, from a larger audience. It is changing the face of nonprofit fundraising as donors come to expect, but also welcome, a more engaged approach to giving. Forbes reported that 30% of the $5 billion crowdfunded went to social causes, and this trend only continues to rise.
Join us to learn how you can incorporate crowdfunding to raise the bar on your fundraising initiatives. Dana Ostomel, Firespring’s leading authority on crowdfunding, will walk you through the lifecycle of a campaign, from prep through appreciation, emphasizing how to engage new audiences. Come ready to ask about the campaigns you have in mind so we can get all of your questions answered. You’ll discover:
- Why crowdfunding is important for your organization
- How to incorporate crowdfunding into your existing fundraising mix
- Whether strangers will give to your campaign
- What types of campaigns crowdfunding can be effective for
- The power of crowdfunding beyond rising the thermometer
- Concrete steps you can execute immediately.
Vice President, Nonprofit Industry Development